Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Soon and Very Soon

I think I may have titled one of my very first posts about leaving for Europe the same way, but alas, this is what I am going with.  Tomorrow, June 12, I will be flying back to the United States of America with Max Behna and Mike McMahon.  Ireland has been wonderful and it is kind of mind-blowing that my Rome semester is coming to an end.  The time has just flown by, but as I think back about everything that I've done, it feels like I have been here forever.  There is definitely a bit of inner tension, with the excitement of going home paired with the realization that all of this is coming to an end.  It will be so good to eat some Portillo's, be back in the Diocese of Joliet, and see my family and friends.  But at the same time, this semester has been one of the greatest experiences of my life, so seeing it end is a bit saddening.  But as usual, life must go on.  I have a lot to pray about regarding the graces of the semester and I am looking forward to unpacking my experiences throughout the course of the summer.    

So as I write this, with about 14 hours left in Europe, I just want to ask you to pray for safe travels for the 3 of us.  Also, because it is June 11, I have to send a special Birthday Shout-Out to my little sister Maggie. She's 17 today.  Kind of ridiculous, but it's true.  She's getting so old.  I hope she sees this before the end of the day, but we shall see.  So happy birthday to Maggie!  

St. Christopher - Pray for Us!        

1 comment:

If you say something stupid, I will delete it. It's a pretty simple policy.